What is OCR?
OCR stands for Optical Character Recognition. This is special software built to recognize the text in varioud documents, including the PDFs purchased on TexasFile. The OCR tool on TexasFile. The OCR tool on Texasfile allows you to copy and paste words, clauses and legal descriptions directly from the purchased documents.
How Do I use the OCR tool?
Once a document is purchased using Texasfile, you should see the text "OCR" at the top of the document viewer.
- Click "OCR", ensure the text is now white. This shows you that the tool is active.
- Use your mouse to click and drag a box around the desired text.
- Click the CTRL and C buttons to copy the text, then paste the text in the application of your choice. Popular options include Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
How Can This Help Me
- copy and paste complicated legal descriptions into your workflow, instead of tedious hand copying
- avoid the steps of downloading, saving, and opening with a third party software to OCR
- take text verbatim from the document to avoid omissions and errors